Thanks to its reliability and objectivity, the instrumental sensory analysis enables to detect the defects passed on by your customers more easily. Our instruments thus allow you to develop packaging even safer without exposing a testers’ panel health to potential risks, but also to optimize your quality control.
The packaging and materials in contact with food or beverages must be strictly controlled in order to avoid any risk of contamination and spoilage of the sensory quality of products.
That is why sensory analysis is used to check the conformity of raw materials and finished packaging and test their impact on the food products in contact with them.
With sensory analysis instruments: safe packaging that preserve food quality
The use of sensory analysis instruments, and more particularly of the electronic nose, in the packaging industry allows a fast analysis of the organoleptic properties without sample preparation, while avoiding to expose your sensory panel to potentially dangerous substances.
Thanks to their numerous applications, sensory analysis instruments help speed up the development of new products and liberating tests on production batches during quality control:
- Conformity testing of materials in contact with food and beverages
- Quality control of food packaging: odour and taste analysis, visual inspection
- Detection of volatile compounds migration in food products
- Characterization of volatile contaminants and off-odours in food products
- Management of customer claims on food products: identification of the origin of a defect (bad taste, bad odour)
- Control of manufacturing processes and of their impact on the organoleptic quality of packaging products
- Determination of the efficiency of a packaging for preserving the sensory quality of food.