The reliability of the electronic tongue enables you to make products development easier by characterizing their taste. This reliable instrument is perfect for avoiding possible health hazards to your panel of testers when evaluating products containing harmful or unpleasant molecules.
the electronic tongue for taste analysis
The applications of the electronic tongue for evaluating the taste of products are numerous in the industry because taste attributes composing the sensory profile of products are key factors for their success among consumers. Thus, industrials frequently use taste analysis, during the formulation or the product development steps.
An optimized taste analysis with the electronic tongue
The sensory profile and particularly the taste of products have a strong influence on consumers’ choice and preference. The electronic tongue, by providing objective and reproducible taste measurements, is a precious tool to help formulate or develop a new product that will appeal to consumers:
- Recipe optimization to reach a specific taste
- Conception of an innovative product with totally unique taste
- Re-development of product (retro-engineering) to change or improve its savour and taste characteristics
- Benchmarking of competitive products based on their sensory profile and their taste attributes
- Change of manufacturing process or ingredients substitution and evaluation of the impact on product taste
- Evaluation of a new product at different ageing steps to follow-up taste stability over time
- Comparison of different formulations to select the one that best masks an unwanted taste
- Quantitative taste analysis in correlation with a sensory panel.
taste sensors electronic tongue
The remarkable benefits of ASTREE electronic tongue
The use of an instrument like the electronic tongue for the sensory analysis of taste allows our customers to:
- Make sensory evaluation more reliable within their company thanks to an automated, objective and reproducible measurement
- Control the sensory characteristics of their products thanks to a detailed knowledge on taste attributes
- Assure assessors’ safety by avoiding exposing them to potentially dangerous or unpleasant substances.
ASTREE: unsurpassed technical performance
Based on a technology of ChemFET liquid sensors and a conductivity measurement, the electronic tongue evaluates the taste of products. This analytical instrument features unique technical characteristics to achieve unsurpassed performance in taste analysis globally and also for some taste attributes (salty, acid, umami):
- Evaluation of taste fingerprint : the electronic tongue detects all organic and inorganic compounds responsible for taste in liquids. With hits specific data processing software based on multivariate statistics, the instrument can assess the overall taste profile, just as the human tongue does.
- Quantitative analysis capabilities: with the electronic tongue sensors it is possible to simultaneously rank similar samples according to the intensity of salty, acid and umami attributes.
- Objectivity of the measurement for taste analysis: the sue of an instrument like the electronic tongue to assess the taste in controlled and automated conditions assures repeatable, reproducible and totally objective results
- Rapidity and high throughput of analysis : ASTREE electronic tongue autosampler allows to automate an analysis sequence of a set of samples, with a sample analyzed every 3 minutes.
Thanks to a high reliability of taste measurements, ASTREE electronic tongue can thus substitute to a sensory panel for some routine tests that can be difficult or that can raise safety issues linked with the presence of potentially harmful.Request Brochure
our taste measurement services with the electronic tongue
Customized services for your taste analysis needs
With more than 20 years of experience in taste analysis for major companies from various sectors (food, beverage, nutraceutics, pharmaceutical industry, etc) worldwide, Alpha MOS laboratories can deliver a customized answer to every customer need.
Why entrust your taste analysis to Alpha MOS?
Be it for a one-time project or for regular needs, you will benefit from our expertise in taste evaluation and our know-how on the electronic tongue to assure:
- A full support all through your odour analysis project, from the definition of your needs up to analytical results interpretation for implementation within your company.
- An objective and reliable odour measurement.
By outsourcing your odour analysis to our teams, you don’t have to support the equipment linked with the cost of acquisition of the electronic nose and you will rapidly obtain answers to your olfactory analysis needs, without the need to train a person from your company to the use of the instrument.
Applications of taste analysis
Our analytical services, conducted with our electronic tongue instruments, deliver practical answers to support decision-making with regard to formulation or product development:
- Comparison with competitive products (benchmarking) and comparative sensory descriptions to measure differences with a target
- Comparison of samples of a same products collected at different times to assess taste stability over time
- Determination of the sensory profile of your products to help select the optimal formulation or check brief matching
- Taste masking efficiency testing.